weldless ball valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakedasnake

Reaction score
I know it has been brought up before but i can not get my weldless ball valve to not leak, https://morebeer.com/view_product/19793/102220/Weldless_Spigot_-_Stainless, this is the valve that i got. I am pretty sure i am putting the the valve together correctly with the valve going through the kettle then the gasket then washer then snug it down with the coupling. if anyone can tell me if im doing anything wrong or if there is any fixes for this problem.
thanks

Sounds like you're doing it right. Is your hole pretty cleanly drilled? I had the same issue with a morebeer sight gauge, tiny drip that wouldn't go away - used a bit of JB water weld on the exterior, problem solved (except that it's permanent, though so would a welded fitting).

Yeah i used a good file to clean it up as good as i could and still a tinny leak like you said that just wont go away, someone help wanting to brew up a beer tomorrow and cant do so till i fix this problem.

Yeah i used a good file to clean it up as good as i could and still a tinny leak like you said that just wont go away, someone help wanting to brew up a beer tomorrow and cant do so till i fix this problem.

JB Water Weld + 10 minutes = ready to go.

I actually just finished installing mine from Morebeer today. I tried last night and it kept leaking. My boiling kettle is pretty thin and when I installed it, it never felt very secure. So I bought a stainless washer from Ace Hardware today and drilled it out to the correct size for the nipple to go through and put that one on the outside of my kettle. Then I held on to the coupler inside with a visegrip and tightened the ball valve with a crescent until it was nice and tight. And now I have no leaks and it feels a lot more secure.

Back