Welded SS Keggles - Kegglebrewing.com vs Sabco vs DIY?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matts

Reaction score
I am researching the best route for a keggle all-grain system. Sabco's offerings look top notch but are very pricey.

The units offered at http://www.kegglebrewing.com look good but I can't see the welds. Anyone have or seen the quality of these?

Also contemplating DIY as I live near New Belgium Brewery and they sell sanke kegs. I would rather have a welded system though. There is a welder in town who I think does SS. When you take a weldless kit and weld it on, are there going to be any nooks an crannys that might harbor bacteria?

Thanks!
Matt

matts,

I tried to get some kegs from New Belgium and i never received call back. If you reach someone please let me know. if not there is a local liquor store - liquor barn on s broadway that will, knowingly, rent (wink wink nudge nudge) them to you empty for a $35 deposit.

Cooner

I will never talk anyone out of trying to DIY their Keggles, but if you decide it's better for you to purchase them, you wont go wrong with Keggle Brewing. I didn't want weldless and I do not Tig weld so I looked at Sabco and Keggle Brewing. I am thrilled that I decided to go with Keggle Brewing. Terry is honest and very easy to deal with as is Bob from Sabco. Terry's welds are excellent as are Sabco's. Let me put it this way: I am not taking anything away from Sabco but for a chit load less, I got a product I am very happy with from Keggle Brewing.

Latest posts

Back