Welded or weldless for temp probe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzimm27

Reaction score
Looking into a new kettle for eBIAB. Will be going welded ports for all ball valves and heating element, however it seems weldless is very popular for the temperature probe. The cost to add a welded half port for a temp probe is minimal. Is there any reason I would want to look at weldless over welded? Most probes I see seem to come with weldless fittings, but I presume could be used just fine in a welded port, right?

Looking into a new kettle for eBIAB. Will be going welded ports for all ball valves and heating element, however it seems weldless is very popular for the temperature probe. The cost to add a welded half port for a temp probe is minimal. Is there any reason I would want to look at weldless over welded? Most probes I see seem to come with weldless fittings, but I presume could be used just fine in a welded port, right?
If you are going to have everything else welded, I'd have the temp probe port welded as well. But that just me and my OCD.

Brew on :mug:

If you are going to have everything else welded, I'd have the temp probe port welded as well. But that just me and my OCD.

Brew on :mug:
Thanks! Was figuring there was no reason to prefer weldless. As I read further into them it seems 1/2 NPT is common on most all of them so probably the way to go.

Back