Weird beer keg!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy_Chulo

Reaction score
photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg
photo11.jpg

A buddy of mine was cleaning out at a ranch and came across this old stainless keg that has a cork in the top. Any 1 know what kinda keg this is?

You're trying to post photos from your GMail account, which is only accessible to you.

They should be hosted somewhere public, like IMGurl, IMGShack, or Photobucket.

OOOHHHHHHHH!!!! I SEE SAID THE BLINDMAN... Very wise advice grasshopper, Very wise...

Before you kill a hard to find firkin cask by making it into a keggle you ought to see if anyone is searching for a soulmate for their beer engine. (hint hint, cough, cough....)

on second look is that a golden gate keg? no side outlet near the bottom on a firkin...

might be i dunno...I know that it had some lone star in it but other than that, you prolly know more than me. I just found out today about a cask and naturally carbonating beer with the yeast and a beer engine to pump the beer without injecting it with co2 or adding a priming sugar. Really interesting stuff, Going to defiantly check into this further but I'm wondering bout the beer farts from the yeast, lol. I guess if you don't drink to much of the yeast you'll be alright. Only down side you gotta drink it quick unless it's totally sealed, I'm presuming. Not big enough for a keggle and I don't think I'd want to butcher it either.Maybe time to try something new and kick it old school.Or rather try something old thats new to me, either way sounds like fun and a good learning experience.

Back