weekday brew session.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoudHousebrew

Reaction score
This week I wound up with too many obligations over the weekend and needed to berw up a stout to top off a whiskey barrel. ( second batch of 11% stout that is going in a turkey barell till thanksgiving) the only solution? wednesday night brew session! the only issue was a broken fitting on the chiller which took some old fashioned ingenuity to fix. ( cost about 20 minutes.) any weekday warriors in the ranks?

I have brewed on week days, just start early around 6am, done by 11. At work after that until late at night but it worked.

I work afternoons so I normally don't unless it's extract because I don't get home until 11:30pm and I like to drink when I brew so I don't do it during the day before work. I usually end up doing the no chill method and pitching the next day because I fall asleep haha.

I'm going to try & get my tired behind into the kitchen to get going on my Whiskely stout, new recipe this morning. Tired from late nights picking sons up from work. Besides it was a hot weekend, mother's day besides & didn't cool down til Tuesday. Then I had a couple things I didn't clean & took care of that yesterday. Gotta time it so my other son gets home from school in time to haul the heavy brew kettle into the brewery for me. So I feel ya there...:mug:

I love to brew the occasional weekday batch and take the day off from work to do so.

Nice and quiet, just me, my rig, and my thoughts. Clean up sucks, though.

Gotta work 2 Saturday's a month so that, house chores and wife I'm suckin. Itching to brew.

I usually brew on weekdays so the weekend can be with free family. My work schedule only gets me 2 weekends off.

I work around 7:30-4pm, so weeknight brewing is no big deal. Still plenty of time after work to get ****faced and knock out some wort.

I usually brew on weekdays so the weekend can be with free family. My work schedule only gets me 2 weekends off.

Same. During weekdays, wait for my youngest daughter to get home from school and then brew. So nice to have a helper. (Only at two batches and bottlings thus far <--n00b)

Week days brews are quickly becoming my normal time to brew, in fact I've started taking extended lunch breaks to brew. I go to work in the morning to get the guys going, home and firing up the strike water by 10:00 am, done and cleaned up by 1:30 and back to work.

While I don't brew on a weekday, I will transfer to secondary, bottle, or label my bottles on a weekday.

Back