Weathering a Draft Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm starting on a new project for my old Danby kegerator. I'm building a new bar top for it out of some weathered, reclaimed lumber, but I'm thinking the bright, chrome draft tower is going to look a little of on it. Anyone have any suggestions for how I might weather this thing? So far, I've been considering Cooper electroplating or some sort of faux petina. Also, not sure what's under the chrome.

I'm interested in what you find. I just bought a ceramic tower with brass pieces I'd like to give a brushed look to it so it's not bright gold. This may be a starting point:

20181203_221909.jpg
So I haven't done anything to the tower yet. Rodent, thanks for the suggestion. I did manage to finish the bar top. There tower is not terribly out of place on the finished piece, so I'll take my time to figure this out. Need to make the cabinet look a bit less fridge-y first anyway.

Back