American Wheat Beer Watermelon Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewprint

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Danstar Munich
Yeast Starter
Absolutely not!
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
3.8 srm
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 days at 65
Tasting Notes
Fantastic
This is the second time that I brewed this beer and it has been fantastic both times. This is super easy to brew and tastes awesome.

5 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 50.0 %
4 lbs 8.0 oz White Wheat Malt (2.4 SRM) Grain 45.0 %
8.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 5.0 %
1.00 oz Brewer's Gold [5.90 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 22.5 IBUs
1.0 pkg Munich (Lallemand #- )
1 dram of Lorann Watermelon Extract (in keg)

Mash at 152 for 60 minutes

I use BIAB full volume no sparge and make a 5.5 gallon batch and use the .5 gallon as a trub loss.

Use whatever hops you want and shoot for around 20 IBUs. I don't think the yeast matters that much since the watermelon is so prevalent. Although there is a malt flavor with this brew. I only use dry yeast anymore so anything like 05 or a 'plain' yeast would work great.

I brewed this because I liked the watermelon beer Hell or High Watermelon. This tastes almost identical.

One other thing; the beer line in the keg cannot be used with a standard brew, only this brew. It is impossible to get the flavor out of it. I don't know why. It could be the fruit flavor or the Lorann oil itself. I don't know if a different brand of extract would do the same thing. Either way, this brew is awesome.

Enjoy!

Back