Watering Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stTimer

Reaction score
Im sure this info is in a post somewhere but after looking for a while I thought this would be easier. I planted my rhizomes this past Thursday. Its rained about every 2 days since. Is that enough watering. Probably got about 1/10 to 1/4 inch each time. How wet should the soil be for the rhizomes? Its pretty loamy soil. A bit sandy, but not much. I dug down in the side of the mound jsut a little and it was damp but not really wet. Thanks for the input folks. This site has been more help than any book I've read.

We have hardly had any rain around here, until I got my rhizomes in the ground. Now it seems to rain every day. Severe storms today with heavy rain. I hope my rhizomes dont get flooded... I keep checking to see if there are any sprouts. it sonly been a couple of days. Im impatient, what can I say. Thanks for the input Dave.

Mine are planted in containers and they seem to drain very well. Putting a half gallon of water on the ~4 cu. ft. of soil, i see water start to run out of the bottom a few minutes later. I figured since they drain so well, it will be hard to over water them, so I water them lightly almost everyday.

Latest posts

Back