Water flow for mash/sparge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not like that one but I am placing a hall effect flow switch into my RIMS system.

Looks like something useful to fill the HLT or better fill your tun from your HLT and get the right amount.

Kinda...except that water volumes in mash tun and HLT will vary with recipe.

I use it to control(shut off) power to my RIMS element if flow is suddenly stopped.

I have it setup on output of pump, I use it from HLT to Mash only, I set it for amount of liters needed, it beeps when amount is reached, it might not be 100% accurate but close enough
I like the idea of cutting off power to rims element, my rims will only turn on if pump is on, but didnt think about what if no flow from pump, have to look into secondary shut off for no flow to element
It runs on 24vdc fyi
Cheers
;)

Model Number:
YF-S201
Product Description

G1/2" Water heater flow sensor, water flow meter
Scope: Suitable for water heaters, credit card machines, water vending machines, and other flow measurement devices!
Product Features:
1, the product appearance lightweight flexible, small size, easy to install.
2, inlaid with stainless steel impeller shaft, always wearable.
3, the seal with the upper and lower force structure never leaks.
4, the Hall element imported from Germany, and use potting package, prevent water, never aging.
5, all the raw materials are in line with ROHS testing standards

Introduction:
Water flow sensor is mainly made of a plastic body, the rotor assembly and a Hall flow sensor.
Water heater which is mounted on the end, for detecting the water flow, the water passes through the water when the rotor assembly,
Magnetic rotor and change as the flow speed, the Hall sensor output corresponding pulse
Signal, the feedback to the controller, the controller determines the size of the water flow, for control.
Caution:
Non-violent shock, and chemical erosion.
Non-throwing or hitting.
Mounted vertically, does not exceed 5 degrees inclination.
Medium temperature should not exceed 120'C.

Output waveform: square wave
Lead by:
Red IN connector positive
Yellow OUT signal output line
Black GND then negative

YF-S201 Frequency: F = 7.5 * Q (L / Min) error: ± 2% voltage :3.5-24VDC, current can not exceed 10mA, finished a liter of water flow pulse output 450

Ha!

This is exactly the item I was asking about a while ago!
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f253/flow-meters-469378/
and
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/measuring-infusion-volumes-pump-475735/

I quite like it. It's bang on for the volume and easy to reset. The translation of the Chin-glish took a little while but it wasn't any harder than figuring out how to use your digital watch without the directions.

The only thing I've found is that I need to run a litre through the whole pump flow-meter set-up before I start to fil the mash-tun as otherwise the heat capacity of it all drops my temp a little too much. I set my unit up with a divertor - I can fill the MT from the bottom up, or send the water through the sparge arm from the top. I just disconnect the sparge-arm and run the first litre back into the HLT.

Chris

Back