Washington DC area.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantodd

Reaction score
Are there any microbrews out in the DC area (especially VA) that are not available in California?

My wife is going there for a week and I am thinking about having her pick up a bottle or 2 or 3 or 4....

Sorry, no Growlers, TSA says everything has to be checked.

Thanks.
Dan

Thanks Guys,

I'll try to have my wife pick up some Old Dominion.

Unfortunately she won't be trying any beer at Sweetwater (or anywhere else) until after June 8th!

Hey there, I'm in Germantown, just on top of the Beltway.

I've discovered a couple brews that are semi-local.

McHenry's Baltimore Style Ale is pretty good for a nice hoppy dry ale.

I'm currently drinking my way through the sampler 12-pack from Wild Goose Brewery, which is up in Frederick. Everything I've had so far is great!

If you ever get downtown, stop by Cafe Mozart. They have some nice German beers on tap in the basement.

...and of course, there's always Yuengling.

I forwarded old dominion to my wife so hopefully she'll have time to get some and bring it back with her busy work schedule. I'll find out tomorrow afternoon.

I'm not from D.C., but I'm pretty sure Dogfish Head brews aren't available on the west coast. I'd try and snag something from them. Stone and Dogfish are like the Tupac and Biggie of craft beer. You know, without all the killing.

The wine/beer shops here are silly with Dogfish Head beers. There's even a Dogfish Head pub up here in Gaithersburg.

Back