Was my kit still good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewnovice

Reaction score
I bought a Brewers Best kit that I received sometime during the first week of February, but didn't get around to brewing it until this past Wednesday. I had refrigerated the yeast, but nothing else. Should I be worried about the LME or hops having gone bad without refrigeration? Can it be dangerous, or would boiling/fermentation eliminate any of those problems? The yeast seems to have worked fine as the airlock was bubbling.

I bought a Brewers Best kit that I received sometime during the first week of February, but didn't get around to brewing it until this past Wednesday. I had refrigerated the yeast, but nothing else. Should I be worried about the LME or hops having gone bad without refrigeration? Can it be dangerous, or would boiling/fermentation eliminate any of those problems? The yeast seems to have worked fine as the airlock was bubbling.

nothing dangerous about it. your lme might be a bit stale and the hops probably lost some potency. it'll probably still be a decent beer though

I wouldn't think lme would stale that quickly but I don't know for sure. Everything is fine, brew it up.

Back