• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Wanted - 3 Gallon Ball Lock Keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragman

Reaction score
I have a small 5.0 CF keezer which I built an 8" collar for. 2 - 5 gallon cornys fit nice and snug on the bottom along with the 5lb tank and regulator which sits on the hump.
I moved my Co2 tank outside the keezer so its easier for me to monitor the gauges and free up some space inside.
Now I have plenty of room for a 3 gallon keg on the hump. I recently purchased a gigawort and a 3 gallon keg would be perfect for fermenting and serving.

Cant find any online for less that $100.

yeah - I might end up having to go that route - just never paid over $40 for a keg. pill is a little hard to swallow for something smaller - ya know?

yeah - I might end up having to go that route - just never paid over $40 for a keg. pill is a little hard to swallow for something smaller - ya know?
I feel your pain, this size is hard to come by used, and I’ve seen used for just about the same price as new.

Smaller kegs in the used market are much rarer than 5 gallon ones, and there's a demand, so...

For new ones, the cost to fabricate a 5 gallon keg vs. a smaller one is similar. But the market for smaller ones is a lot smaller and somewhat of a niche. Hence the higher price.

I also would consider Torpedo kegs:
https://www.morebeer.com/products/torpedo-ball-lock-kegs.htmlThey're stackable, even with regular disconnects.

I've been brewing smaller, 2.5-3 gallon, batches lately but still use my 5 gallon corny kegs, 100% liquid pre-purged, with semi-closed transfers. They work wonderfully, but I can "only" fit 5 of those in my upright keezer. If I wanted more kegs (taps) in there, I could stack 2 of those smaller 2.5 gallon Torpedo ones instead of one 5-gallon keg.

Yeah - those ones are nice but just as much as 3 gallon ones. Was hoping someone had some they wanted to get rid of.

Where are you located? There is several for sale used local to me near Seattle.

Latest posts

Back