Want to try my hand at mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When starting out with a larger fermenter always confirm the size. when I started out I thought I had a 5 gallon carboy, but it was 6 gallons and I made some batches that were less strong than they should have been.

Im still fairly new and I took the oppertunity to write a blog on making mead as a biginner and my experience and qeustions I had that ive found answers to. If you want to check it out Click Here

Other than that, Id say go for it, 1 gallon batches are a great way to see what works and what wont.

Gallons to start are manageable and cost les to make if that is an issue. The bigger issue is if you like wine or mead specifically? Dry mead to me tastes very much like dry wine. You can also make it sweet, all depends on your tastes. It's not hard generally, but you'll need patience just like any brew project, just more than with beer.

Back