Wannabe chill system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Sinclair

Reaction score
Hoping one of you brewgineers can help me out and let me know if this would work. I was planning on Frankensteining my own chiller system. A small chest freezer containing 20 gallon container of glycol mixture. Multiple submerged pumps, managed by inkbird controllers, to feed a submerged coil for wort cooling in the BK and/or a jacketed conical. Would something like this work for both of these applications? Thanks in advance.

I have no expertise or experience in this subject matter, but it seems like a reasonable plan. The only change I would suggest is using an inline pump rather than a submersible. I just feel it will last you a lot longer than a submersible, and you can get them cheaper too. I was also thinking glycol was overkill, but it would be necessary for cold crashing and lagering.

I pondered using an external pump, but since the placement of the pump would be higher than the container of glycol, it wouldn't work without a diaphragm pump. Thanks again.

Back