Vodka and tangerine taste cure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srdjan Ostric

Reaction score
I recently made a tangerine space machine IPA clone. My original gravity was a little low so I hit about 4.5% alcohol which I like. But then the recipe said to sanitize the tangerine peals in vodka and then place them in the secondary fermenter for about 2 days, which I did. I promptly keg the beer and now I have a funny aftertaste which just taste like bitter essential oil and vodka. I don't like it at all. The funny thing was when I was tasting out of the primary fermenter the beer tasted excellent. It's a great recipe. So my question is what do I do now? Do I just wait? How long? Do I add anything into the keg? Or am I just stuck with beer that taste kind of like Homebrew that's not that good.

Did you get the peels from a homebrew store, or did you peel them yourself? If you did it yourself, did you get all the pith (white stuff) off the peels before you added them?

Latest posts

Back