Visiting Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When will you be in Cannon Beach? The new CB Pelican location is supposed to open in May. Also, make sure to check dates on packaged beer you're thinking about picking up on the coast. I've seen a lot of old ass **** out there.
This is GREAT news. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll be in Bend tomorrow for the first time ever, can't wait.
Turns out beer week starts tomorrow, my wife will not believe that I didn't know until today.
Portland on Saturday through Monday for some "hiking" she thinks.
Fat Heads for sure between hikes, and other places of beer samples aka hiking....

I'll be in Bend tomorrow for the first time ever, can't wait.
Turns out beer week starts tomorrow, my wife will not believe that I didn't know until today.
Portland on Saturday through Monday for some "hiking" she thinks.
Fat Heads for sure between hikes, and other places of beer samples aka hiking....
If you're at Fat Heads you'll be on Brewery Block Plenty to "Hike" to around that way. Make sure and check some tap houses out too. The upper lip is down that way, they don't open till later but the tap/bottle list is hard to beat.

Burned out for the evening and am sitting in the motel reading what you wrote about Upper Lip. Just checked their tap list, Blind Pig! Crap! Never had it on tap and it looks like they are closed tomorrow.
Fat Heads had very good beer, IBUsive was solid. The burgers sucked....
Boneyard in Bend was my type of place....

Burned out for the evening and am sitting in the motel reading what you wrote about Upper Lip. Just checked their tap list, Blind Pig! Crap! Never had it on tap and it looks like they are closed tomorrow.
Fat Heads had very good beer, IBUsive was solid. The burgers sucked....
Boneyard in Bend was my type of place....

Blind Pig is on at Apex right now. Open till 230am.

A buddy of mine in Seattle told me to be sure to hit Apex. The wife isn't much a bar person, although we enjoyed our beer at Crux in Bend, so we didn't go there. Fat Heads was on my hit list, went there for nice beer and lackluster food.
That was pretty much it besides going to voodoo donuts.

I need some help! Going to be in Portland next week and need to know what spots to hit. Info on Best beer bars, bottle shops, and breweries to hit up would be appreciated. Damn de garde is closed while I'm there is there anywhere that sells their bottles?

I need some help! Going to be in Portland next week and need to know what spots to hit. Info on Best beer bars, bottle shops, and breweries to hit up would be appreciated. Damn de garde is closed while I'm there is there anywhere that sells their bottles?
As far as De Grade goes you may be able to find some bottles of Anian around town. I know we have some at Uptown Market but thats a bit south of town. Bottle shops.... Tin Bucket is a must, Imperial bottle shop is super nice. Belmont Station is our big one if you need sticky hands that's your spot. Beer Bars..... Upper lip is amazing. Apex, Growler guys and again Imperial. I'm sure you are familiar with all the big breweries. Great Notion is a must if you like sours and juicy IPA's.

Cheers have fun and if you are scrambling to find de grade and end up with none let me know. I have some extras of the newer releases around the house.

As far as De Grade goes you may be able to find some bottles of Anian around town. I know we have some at Uptown Market but thats a bit south of town. Bottle shops.... Tin Bucket is a must, Imperial bottle shop is super nice. Belmont Station is our big one if you need sticky hands that's your spot. Beer Bars..... Upper lip is amazing. Apex, Growler guys and again Imperial. I'm sure you are familiar with all the big breweries. Great Notion is a must if you like sours and juicy IPA's.

Cheers have fun and if you are scrambling to find de grade and end up with none let me know. I have some extras of the newer releases around the house.
I will definitely take you up on that de garde offer! If I can't find anything when I get up there I will PM you when I get back and hopefully we can work something out

Belmont Station was awesome when I was there 3 weeks ago. Brought home 3 four packs of Sticky Hands.
I wished I knew about the lax growler rules in Oregon, I would have brought some with me, filling stations everywhere, and breweries will fill growlers other than their own.
We did the tourist thing and did the Segway tour, thought it was fun.
We also crept into Washington to buy Topcutter to bring home, another quality brew.

Howdy y'all, love your state, go there every summer.

Anyone care to recommend a DUI attorney for the Bend area? Its for a cute girl if that helps.

Your felony DUI stuff is harsh. Lifetime ban on driver's license?

Holy ****, you can intentionally murder people and still drive. . .

Figured this didn't belong in the Portland or Tillamook threads but if you find yourself on the coast passing through the tiny town of Yachats, stop at the brewery. Was highly impressed with what they were pouring.

Figured this didn't belong in the Portland or Tillamook threads but if you find yourself on the coast passing through the tiny town of Yachats, stop at the brewery. Was highly impressed with what they were pouring.

Good to know. Last time I passed through Yachats, my only thought was "there's no way they have a good a brewery". Next time I'll stop.

Cool spot and definitely worth a visit.

They are trying some things but I haven't had anything great from them yet. The fate of a small brewery can really hinge on their brewer, hopefully they make it.

Family trip to Newport in June. Suggestions on breweries and pubs within an hour or so of there? Will drive up to Pacific City for Pelican and hit Block 15 in Corvalis. Prefer places with food that I can reasonably expect to bring a 5 year old and wife that doesn't drink beer.

Family trip to Newport in June. Suggestions on breweries and pubs within an hour or so of there? Will drive up to Pacific City for Pelican and hit Block 15 in Corvalis. Prefer places with food that I can reasonably expect to bring a 5 year old and wife that doesn't drink beer.
Yachats Brewing.

Drive to Portland and I’ll buy you a beer.

Gigantic caveat because it’s Rogue, but their location near the aquarium has a pretty nice view.

Drive to Portland and I’ll buy you a beer.

Gigantic caveat because it’s Rogue, but their location near the aquarium has a pretty nice view.
Unfortunately, this trip doesn't allow for any time in Portland, but I'll take a raincheck.

We're within walking distance of Rogue and I figure there has to be something good on tap.

Unfortunately, this trip doesn't allow for any time in Portland
giphy.gif

My favorite beer so far this year was a wheat IPA at Depoe Bay Brewing. Their stout was solid, too. Same with their IPA. Cool space, right across from the whale watching center. Food was just ok, but beer and the scenery make it worth a stop.
We are fishing out of Depoe Bay. Seems like the perfect spot for lunch

Staying in Lincoln City next week. Not really interested in driving to Tillamook just to get the enamel stripped off my teeth...again.

Any new spots we should check out?
Yachats Brewing.
Noted
Edit: but farther than I want to drive. Getting a place right on the beach so minimizing time in the car is a must.

Staying in Lincoln City next week. Not really interested in driving to Tillamook just to get the enamel stripped off my teeth...again.

Any new spots we should check out?

Noted
Edit: but farther than I want to drive. Getting a place right on the beach so minimizing time in the car is a must.
Not really sure what would be new to you or not, but Pacific City is only 30 minutes away. Pelican's pub there is cool.

Back