Vintage Bottle and Can Collectors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMassBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sorta strange but I collect old cans and bottles I find here and there, particularly ones with brewery logos or marks on them and was wondering if there is a group on here or someone who can point me in a direction to find out about a particular bottle I found yesterday in an old town landfill dump.

It's a Pabst Blue Ribbon Duraglas quart bottle. The markings on bottom indicate it was made in 1951 in a factory in West Virginia. When I search online for similar ones, I literally can only find one other match ! Maybe it's worthless, maybe it's rare. Don't really know. Calling on the experts out there.

I know about the sha.org website that provides you with all sorts of information but looking to see if I can get any further on this one.

Cheers

IMG_2633.jpg
IMG_2634.jpg

Rather that start a new thread, or revive one over a decade old, I thought I'd post these here.

I picked up five antique bottles, yesterday, and I'm going to use them.

PXL_20201008_062859561.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20201008_063033977.NIGHT.jpg

The center clear is marked 'NET.WT 1 LB. 11 OZ.' opposite the volume, and 'GOULDING MAPLE SYRUP CO. WHITMAN, MASS.' on the bottom. I'll use it for a still mead.
PXL_20201008_063257775.jpg

That's CRESCENT BREWING CO. WASHINGTON, PA. It has some VERY gooey gunk in the bottom that is refusing to come out.

The one not pictured is clear with no markings.

There used to a brewery in Jackson Michigan, way back in the day. And if I'm remembering my hometown history correctly, they stopped producing beer and shifted to soft drinks (anyone here old enough to remember Delaware Punch?) up until they closed in the late 1950s or early 60s. I've never come across any actual bottles from this brewery, but I'm always keeping my eyes peeled at garage sales, swap meets, auctions and such.
Eberles-Blue-Star-Beer-Labels-The-Eberle-Brewing-Co-Inc_72519-1.jpg

When I was a kid growing up in the midwest, my brother and I collected. We ended up with an impressive collection from all over the country, including flat tops, cone tops, no-opener-needed cans, etc. One day we came home to see that my dad had decided that the collection was too unsightly to have in the house, and that ended that.

All I've got left is this old cone top sitting on my shelf, from my home town.

1602216354976.png
1602216410038.png

Latest posts

Back