Victory beer recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockey13

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew a recipe that was close to like a Hopdevil or perhaps a golden monkey? I had Victorys beer about a year ago now and ive been hooked ever since. Especially now with the victory bar that just opened up
In Philly.

The grain bill for hop devil is different for a ipa. I believe they use Vienna, Munich, and pilsner malts as the base.

I don't know what hops they use, but from taste memory there has to be some centennial and possibly cascade in there.

Extract recipe from Beer Captured:
From Beer Captured:

8oz German Munich Malt
8oz German 65L dark crystal
8oz Cara-Munich
4.5# Extra light DME
3.5# Light LME
6oz Malto Dextrin
2oz Centennial(60 min)
1/2oz East kent Goldings (15 min)
1/2oz Cascade (15 min)
1oz Cascade (3 min)
1/2oz Cascade (dry hops)
1 tsp Irish Moss
Wyeast 1056

Here's what I did (converted to All Grain):
13# 2-row
11 ounces Munich Malt (light Munich)
10 ounces CaraMunich (56 SRM)
10 ounces crystal 60
8 ounces carapils
HOP Schedule
2 ounces Centennial @ 60
.5 ounce Cascade @ 15
.5 ounce EKG @ 15
1 ounce Cascade @ 3
.5 ounce Cascade - Dry Hop 7 days
Yeast
1 pkg S-05
Mash @ 152? (I believe I actually mashed at a slightly higher temperature, e.g 152-154 as VHD has a decent Malt signature)

Came out very nice, was my first all grain "WOW" beer, and it was done before I knew it! Posting this makes me want to re-brew it.

Edit: Efficiency for the above conversion is about 66%, my actual usual efficiency is now usually 69-70%.

Edit 2: I'd love to see a fairly easy to do lager recipe for Prima Pils!

Edit 3: I did some more searches, there is some discussion that Vienna is the base malt for this brew?

Sorry to be so many years late to the thread guys, but any movement on these clones????

My fiance and I had Golden Monkey and The DirtWolf while on Mackinac Island last week and they both blew our minds!

I will keep looking on here, but thought I could ask you guys with experience.

Thanks / Cheers - Tyler -

Back