Veteran's Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHBWNY

Reaction score
I have always thought that to some veterans, "Happy" Veteran's Day might be an ironic greeting. There are many veterans who did not end up happy for having served our country. To all veterans --- past and present --- and especially those who right now struggle with the effects of having served this great country, I would like to say...

Thank you. Thank you for defending and sacrificing for the morals and ideals upon which this country was founded. Every person in this country who has chosen to be here, is here because of that. We enjoy the individual and collective rights and freedoms that we do --- even those that others may not agree with --- because you fought for them all. While you may not be "happy" today, please know that for what you have done and given, you are appreciated and loved. Thank you.

Well put and thank you! US Navy, 87 to 91.

And thanks to all the men and women that have served our county and are currently serving our country!!

Truth.

BIL is in Afghanistan right now. Best Friend is recently retired AF. Most others I know of are now gone.

I know at least a couple significant presences on this forum who are vets.

I'm glad they are out there doing what they do. I never wanted to do it. (Except fly planes. I always wanted to pilot a fighter jet...) ;)

My father -

2016-11-11_151050_unnamed.jpg

I have always thought that to some veterans, "Happy" Veteran's Day might be an ironic greeting. There are many veterans who did not end up happy for having served our country. To all veterans --- past and present --- and especially those who right now struggle with the effects of having served this great country, I would like to say...

Thank you. Thank you for defending and sacrificing for the morals and ideals upon which this country was founded. Every person in this country who has chosen to be here, is here because of that. We enjoy the individual and collective rights and freedoms that we do --- even those that others may not agree with --- because you fought for them all. While you may not be "happy" today, please know that for what you have done and given, you are appreciated and loved. Thank you.

Well said and Thank you.

U.S. Air Force '84 - '90

IMG_3437.jpg

Thank you for your good words. Thanks to all my brothers and sisters in arms, past and present. My father was Army, my son a Marine, and I a Coast Guardsman 81-87.

Thank you for your good words. Thanks to all my brothers and sisters in arms, past and present. My father was Army, my son a Marine, and I a Coast Guardsman 81-87.

My Dad and uncle fought in WWII. My Dad, a B-24 Liberator co-pilot, shot down on 1st bombing run over Munich, captured, put in prison camp for 10 months. My older bro USAF '66 - '70 (Thailand, Philippines), my younger bro Army '72 - '75 (stateside), myself Army '71 - '74 (stateside & Germany). Several hometown buddies lost their lives in 'Nam. I'm raising a glass of h-b to every one of them right now in honor of their sacrifice. Hope to see you guys again someday!

Tip of the hat and a raise of the glass to all the vets. ��

US Army, 1982-1992. Defense contractor for another sixteen years.
33YP2H ... that specialty doesn't exist anymore.
I do miss it from time to time, but it's good to come home every day and sleep in your own bed.

it was my honor to serve: Sonar Tech, US Navy, 87 to 93

best picture of me in my CrackerJacks and it was taken 5 years after I got out, wearing the uniform for Halloween.

back when it still fit

1910049_55662557007_9168_n.jpg

Back