[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking there needs to be a file at /var/www/html/ location that is for Raspberry Pints but I'm not sure.
Depending on how you unzip and were you placed it in /var/www/ may be the problem. there should be index.php in /var/www/html to load RPints

Is there a newer version everyone is going off of or can someone let me know if I might be missing something?
Most people use my version as it works with the latest PHP and Pi OS.

to install simply run
curl -L install.rpints.com | sudo bash

that will download and run an installation script i created that walks you through installation and ask what version to install. it is recommended to install mine or Tobor's version. Mine has a lot more features the the original and is being updated. Tobor's is the original recoded for the latest PHP.

It worked for me.

I never did give a shout out and Thanks to RandR+ and the others (you too day_trippr if you are one of them) that worked on this program to keep is alive and updated. As well as continue to help us computer illiterate limp along in this weird, perplexing computer script world. Cheers, if you're ever in Knoxville, TN... Beers on me as my appreciation!

Last edited:
You guys are awesome, thanks for the quick response RandR+ and daytrippr! I will be playing with it tonight and look forward to getting this going. I'll let you know what I run into or hopefully will be able to post a success story soon!

Hi @RandR+ , I was installing the other day, and I think(?) I accidentally selected the wrong interface for the flow meters. (I selected USB and hit the space bar) it continued on, but the flow meters refuse to display. (This was a working setup, so it "should" be OK. Anyway, I went back to reconfigure, but the option to enable flow meters is not available. I get the reconfigure menu, then time, then motion detection, monitor resolution and orientation, Kiosk mode, then it exits. Is this expected?

Cheers!

I get the reconfigure menu, then time, then motion detection, monitor resolution and orientation, Kiosk mode, then it exits. Is this expected?
It is expected right now because the installer script skips flowmeter configuration if they are enabled. You can disable flow meters through the tap list admin page by expanding settings then uncheck use flow monitoring
1636392561233.png

then run the reconfigure and it should ask you the flow meters setup questions

It is expected right now because the installer script skips flowmeter configuration if they are enabled. You can disable flow meters through the tap list admin page by expanding settings then uncheck use flow monitoring
View attachment 748340

then run the reconfigure and it should ask you the flow meters setup questions
Ha ha, got it, thanks.
:)

I'm not sure if this is related but I also have a question..

So, I have a TiltPi and Raspberry Pints set up on two different devices. I can see Raspberry Pints when I search it on my computer or phone but I can't find my TiltPi anymore.. was wondering if it was related..

Edit: My TiltPi (Pi Zero) is sending the info where I need it, but I probably need to fix that as well since I need to add a new device.

Also, is there anything special I should do before moving? Or can I just unplug the Pi and plug it in at my new place? I guess I'd have to reconfigure the Wi-Fi. Any other considerations I should be thinking about?

I'm not sure if this is related but I also have a question..

So, I have a TiltPi and Raspberry Pints set up on two different devices. I can see Raspberry Pints when I search it on my computer or phone but I can't find my TiltPi anymore.. was wondering if it was related..

Edit: My TiltPi (Pi Zero) is sending the info where I need it, but I probably need to fix that as well since I need to add a new device.

Also, is there anything special I should do before moving? Or can I just unplug the Pi and plug it in at my new place? I guess I'd have to reconfigure the Wi-Fi. Any other considerations I should be thinking about?

If your wifi stays the same, probably don't even have to configure that (ie. if you take the router with you.) Just pack it up and go.

Or can I just unplug the Pi and plug it in at my new place?
I would do a controlled shutdown to make sure nothing gets corrupted.

I can see Raspberry Pints when I search it on my computer or phone but I can't find my TiltPi anymore.. was wondering if it was related..
When you say search do you mean like on the network or through a browser?

If your wifi stays the same, probably don't even have to configure that (ie. if you take the router with you.) Just pack it up and go.

I will not be using the same router. It's the company's here. I'll be moving a bit away from here.

I would do a controlled shutdown to make sure nothing gets corrupted.

When you say search do you mean like on the network or through a browser?

When I type in 192.1-whatever the rest of it is, it comes up with the message says it refused to connect. Though, it is doing what I need it to do, so 🤷🏾‍♂️

When I type in 192.1-whatever the rest of it is, it comes up with the message says it refused to connect. Though, it is doing what I need it to do
It sounds like ssh is not enabled. If you have a keyboard and monitor on the Pi, you can do a "sudo raspi-config" and look for "Interfaces" where you will need to enable ssh.

It's on a Pi zero.. so I wouldn't even know how to do that. It worked fine before and I never really paid attention to it after I hooked Raspberry Pints on my Pi 4.. or do I have a 3... I really don't know 😅 I'll have to look at receipts.

Ok. I might just have to reload it. It used to work and now it does not take me to the display page when I try to pull it up. But it's still transmitting data, so maybe I won't bother until I move.

Up to you. It's always bad to just unplug a Pi, there's a chance it will mess up the SD card. So long as you are prepared for that, yank away.

This might be a good time to mention the new feature of the Raspberry Pi Imager. If you hit SHIFT-CTRL-X you will get an "advanced" menu where you can set up things like enabling SSH, changing the pi password, connecting to WiFi, and other nice tweaks. No idea why this is not more prominently featured in their UI:
1640648848603.png

Not trying to sound like a smart ass, but is there any way to "properly" shut down a Pi Zero? It's currently just sitting there connected to power. On my Pi 3, I know how to shut it down from the display, but with nothing connected 🤷🏾‍♂️ it's lost power a few times but still ticking lol

You either SSH in (a chicken and egg scenario) or use the connected keyboard and monitor. Since most folks don't seem to connect a keyboard and monitor, we see this a lot. :)

but is there any way to "properly" shut down a Pi Zero?
It occurred to me that you may be asking a simpler question. Assuming you get access to the desktop, there is a "Shutdown" button in the start menu. If you have SSH access, the command is "sudo shutdown -h now". But, as I said, you need to get that access first. :)

It occurred to me that you may be asking a simpler question. Assuming you get access to the desktop, there is a "Shutdown" button in the start menu. If you have SSH access, the command is "sudo shutdown -h now". But, as I said, you need to get that access first. :)
Yeah, this is what my set up looks like 😂 but it does the job! Obviously my Raspberry Pints is a lot fancier and I love it!

Attachments

• PXL_20211228_003606937.jpg
    PXL_20211228_003606937.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
I finally got around to fixing this. It was a bug based on the fact that the list should show empty taps
What am I missing here. Is there a specific way to set this up under the "Taps" within Basic setup menu to not have repeating numbers? I'm still showing the double numbers. in the last 2 spaces. there is where I'd like to show beers on deck or being carb'ed.

Attachments

• repeating tap numbers.png
    repeating tap numbers.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 28
I misread the code, if the tap number is empty it looks to see if there is a image, if not it prints the iterator number as the tap number but in the case of 2 column tap list the iterator is the line number not the tap number if you remove
elseif(count($imgs) == 0){echo $i;}
from includes/beerListTable.php line 132 then it wont print anything when the tapnumber is empty

I misread the code, if the tap number is empty it looks to see if there is a image, if not it prints the iterator number as the tap number but in the case of 2 column tap list the iterator is the line number not the tap number if you remove
elseif(count($imgs) == 0){echo $i;}
from includes/beerListTable.php line 132 then it wont print anything when the tapnumber is empty
That sort of did the job. The class "tap circles" still show up, but the circles are empty showing no numbers. I looked in the beerlistTable and style.css to try to find were the heading for the "Bottles" was located. I was trying to see if you can change the display name to "up next" or "Upcoming".

Is it possible that easy by just changing the wording. or is there a series of code changes to make that occur?

Is it possible that easy by just changing the wording. or is there a series of code changes to make that occur?
Index.php line 254, it detects if any bottles are added to the system and if so prints the beer list with the bottles instead of the taps
1642389405085.png

i'm getting a error then trying to install rasberrypints - any one know if something is down?

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 707 100 707 0 0 1754 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1758
100 60355 100 60355 0 0 74975 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 74975

***Script rpints_install.sh starting.***

Installing 'dialog'.
E: Failed to fetch http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/raspbian/raspbian/pool/main/d/dialog/dialog_1.3-20201126-1_armhf.deb Cannot initiate the connection to mirrors.dotsrc.org:80 (2001:878:346::116). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Could not connect to mirrors.dotsrc.org:80 (130.225.254.116), connection timed out
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

*** ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ***
-------------------------------------

See above lines for error message.
Setup NOT completed.

dotsrc.org was down it works again now :)

i'm getting a error then trying to install rasberrypints - any one know if something is down?

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 707 100 707 0 0 1754 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1758
100 60355 100 60355 0 0 74975 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 74975

***Script rpints_install.sh starting.***

Installing 'dialog'.
E: Failed to fetch http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/raspbian/raspbian/pool/main/d/dialog/dialog_1.3-20201126-1_armhf.deb Cannot initiate the connection to mirrors.dotsrc.org:80 (2001:878:346::116). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Could not connect to mirrors.dotsrc.org:80 (130.225.254.116), connection timed out
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

*** ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ***
-------------------------------------

See above lines for error message.
Setup NOT completed.

@Naesstrom and @RandR+ i have been reading your discussion on weight cell many times now - and i'm trying to make my weight cell work.
And by the way - thanks for all the good work.

Like the tutorial i can see my weight and i can see and make it come with the right value.

But when i try to make it show a weight in rpints - i can't see anything - no weight - do i need to put in all the suggestion that you have discussed or is that already in a new installation?

Is it just to put in the "Load Cell Command Pin" and "Response Pin" and then it is working or is there something else to activate?

Is it just to put in the "Load Cell Command Pin" and "Response Pin" and then it is working or is there something else to activate?
Its been awhile since i looked at the load cell logic, but yes it should just be to fill in the information on the load cell admin screen (under advanced hardware)
1645237203334.png

You may need to restart flowmon service after putting the values in. The save should trigger an automatic reconfiguration. Check /var/log/rpints.log or the admin log screen(under install) to see what its thinking.
In <WWWROOT>/python/Config.py change False#True to True for loadcell.debug (flowmon.debug and dispatch.debug may help also) and restart flowmon (this has to be done manually as it doesnt have file change detection). This will add more information to /var/log/rpints or the admin log screen
1645237329189.png

Thanks @RandR+ for trying to help me

I'm very new to Raspberry pi

I can't find any log in /var/log/ no files called rpints.log or in the admin log screen

i have updated the Config.py for all to true

How do i restart flowmon?

I can't find any log in /var/log/ no files called rpints.log or in the admin log screen
when installing RPints did you hit Y to use Flowmeters? Right now that is the only option to get the service configured that code that checks all forms of volume calculation including load cells. That is also the service that generates the /var/log/rpints.log

If not you can rerun the installer and hit reconfigure to be able to install "flowmeters" then configure the load cells.

Once installed the command to restart the service is:
sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon restart

So I went on a binge the other day with the RandR rpints install and was blown away. I ended up heavily modifying it to include things like fixing some of the column display/hide capabilities, adding pour sizes / prices, and some other tweaks. Is there any interest/value in getting any of these changes upstream so other folks can benefit from them? Not sure how receptive the project is for things like that.

So I was cleaning my taps the other day, something I'm sure most of you do frequently, when I though wouldn't it be nice to have a "cleaning switch" or something like that, that pauses the flow meters whilst you flush various concoctions through the lines. (Rather than shut things down, or pull wires.) Flick a switch, everything stops counting, clean, flisck it back, and you're away. Any thoughts as to how I could go about doing this? Speak really slowly, I'm a bit of a noob.

Back