[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're going to have to find an index.php if you want to get much further ;)

$ sudo find / -name index.php

The file should be in /var/www

Cheers!

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo find / -name index.php
/var/www/install/index.php
/var/www/admin/index.php
/usr/share/phpmyadmin/setup/index.php
/usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php
pi@raspberrypi ~ $

Update: I tried re-running the install/index.php and got the following:

Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 52
Success!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!

Cannot connect the the database using the supplied information.

Please press the back button on your browser to fix these errors

There were no errors I knew of.

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo find / -name index.php
/var/www/install/index.php
/var/www/admin/index.php
/usr/share/phpmyadmin/setup/index.php
/usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php
pi@raspberrypi ~ $

Update: I tried re-running the install/index.php and got the following:

Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /var/www/install/includes/configprocessor.php on line 52
Success!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!

Cannot connect the the database using the supplied information.

Please press the back button on your browser to fix these errors

There were no errors I knew of.

SWAG: you didn't set the MYSQL Root User Password very early in the RaspberryPints prerequisite packages installation. Not sure how you fix that short of repeating the steps from the MYSQL package installation onwards...

Cheers!

SWAG: you didn't set the MYSQL Root User Password very early in the RaspberryPints prerequisite packages installation. Not sure how you fix that short of repeating the steps from the MYSQL package installation onwards...

Cheers!

Well I ended up re-formatting my SD and started over as I found out that if I did not watch closely my keyboard, link below, either had delays that caused dropped characters or something like that. I did the next install from SSH as soon as I could but am at the point of loading RPints but deleted index.html before I got the RPints loaded so pretty stuck until their download site is back up, then I will use WinSCP to load it and SSH to fix that part.
News at 11...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UE52ME/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
The site is currently down, we are having some server issues that we are working on currently. In the mean time if you need access to the download for 2.0.1 here it is: https://github.com/RaspberryPints/RaspberryPints/archive/2.0.1.zip

ALSO, here is the old website: http://brewguard.com/raspberrypints

We are VERY sorry for the issues we are experiencing. As always once its resolved we will be transparent and share with you what the issue was.

No worries mate - you guys have just created such an epic piece of software that we all can't wait to download it! ;)

No worries mate - you guys have just created such an epic piece of software that we all can't wait to download it! ;)
Funny that you say that. We had such a spike in bandwidth 7PM EST that the automatic bandwidth overage program we have on the server disabled the network port!! All fixed now. Continue with business as normal.

"the automatic bandwidth overage program we have on the server disabled the network port"

Ok, that's funny right there.
Does your host charge extra for that "feature"?

Cheers! ;)

Well I ended up re-formatting my SD and started over as I found out that if I did not watch closely my keyboard, link below, either had delays that caused dropped characters or something like that.[...]

I've seen that when the mini-kb batteries run low. Once I got fully set up for remote management that became a non-issue.

Bad luck with the 'Pints site, but it appears they're back on the air, and the kits are always available on github...

Cheers!

Got my "aLaMode" this morning.Done with the soldering and re-installing everything from scratch.
One question: do you use the battery supplied or throw it away.

Bear with me on this :eek:

On "step 9" I have done everything up to permissions.

[Not understanding "IF YOUR INSTALL IS IN /var/www you should be good to go forward. if not, you need to edit the 14th line and set the root dir for your install.":confused:] Got this sorted

If I run "sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon start $ ps aux | grep flow_monitor.py" it does not show the return as mentioned.

I checked the "init.d" directory and the file "flowmon" is there with it's permission.

I've seen that when the mini-kb batteries run low. Once I got fully set up for remote management that became a non-issue.

Cheers!

I have never done/set up for remote management and may tag up with you at some point in the future on how that is done. Just need to get the base system up soon as I am brewing the next two Saturdays, plus rebuilding my keezer. I put my taps on the back side, fit my dining area better (6" slab rise), but I found out that the lid would hit the tap handles if it opened all the way. So while getting all the keg info. for RPints I ended up with several gallons dispensed onto my carpet. So I am fixing that so there will be no recurrence!!!

Got my "aLaMode" this morning.Done with the soldering and re-installing everything from scratch.
One question: do you use the battery supplied or throw it away.

The AlaMode has a Real Time Clock chip that the RPi can use to maintain the time through power-cycles and loss of internet connectivity. It needs the battery for the former, as well as a package install iirc.

You can live without it, of course, but you paid for the feature, why not use it.
The AlaMode User Guide has the specifics on how to get it operational...

Cheers!

Bear with me on this :eek:

On "step 9" I have done everything up to permissions.

[Not understanding "IF YOUR INSTALL IS IN /var/www you should be good to go forward. if not, you need to edit the 14th line and set the root dir for your install.":confused:] Got this sorted

If I run "sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon start $ ps aux | grep flow_monitor.py" it does not show the return as mentioned.

I checked the "init.d" directory and the file "flowmon" is there with it's permission.

The command to run flowmon and then check are two separate commands.

Run:
sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon start

You should see a message on the screen that says it's starting.

Then you should be able to run the ps command to check.

The command to run flowmon and then check are two separate commands.

Run:
sudo /etc/init.d/flowmon start

You should see a message on the screen that says it's starting.

Then you should be able to run the ps command to check.
:mad::mad: feels like an idiot:mad::mad:(maybe am)
:mug: did not notice the $ in between just copy and past it.
Need to pay more attention
You're :eek:nestar:

It only give me the second part of the return(from the second "pi")

Well I got it finished installing the software, put my beers in, put my kegs in, then set the taps up and checked out the display from my laptop. However on my 24" dedicated display while it is on and has a little multi-colored square in the top right corner, but the rest of is dark/blank. I had to stop to work on the physical install of my flow meters and got 4 of the 8 installed before I ran out of clamps (wish I could count better ;-)). Ah well I will finish tomorrow, but I also need to get a refill on my beer gas bottle plus more clamps to finish.
Anyway if anyone can give me pointers on what to look for I would appreciate the help. The screen shows the normal CLI start-up sequence, then goes to xstart and the screen with the normal icons comes up, then jumps to the dark screen and I don't seem to have any control after that, no mouse pointer/movement either. I hope it is only a minor config. item I can fix with my laptop via SSH log in to a CLI.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Looks like one of my meters may have malfunctioned and the guy selling them on eBay appears to be out. Has anyone found a different source for them?

We are fully aware at this point that the Ebay seller is sold out, we are currently working on other options for those who still need flow meters. Hang in there with us!!

The Price is $40 more each but this is the replacement until we find a better deal.
http://www.swissflow.com/sf800.html
When I contacted Swissflow about the resistors, they had offered to take back my old meters and replace them new at a discount. I don't see why it would need to be mentioned whether they had failed or not. SF would have to refurb or chuck them anyway.
Worth a shot if anyone is in immediate need.
[email protected]

Hey all,

My system is working perfectly on version 2.0 and has been since day 1 (except for when i installed a flow meter backwards, but that's operator error). Anyway, I want to upgrade to the latest so my kegs show correctly. Is there a way to do this without doing a fresh install, or perhaps a way to backup the taps, kegs and beer recipes to reinstall after a fresh upgrade? I like the idea of a fresh upgrade, except for making all the mods for sounds and graphics if only there was a way to backup and reinstall the rest of it.

At a minimum, can someone tell me where this data is stored? I'll make a copy of that and maybe be able to cut and paste the information in after a fresh install.

Thanks! And as always, awesome job on creating this!

2Kegger, Sounds like a great item to me, I would not look forward to re-entering all that data on every upgrade! I have already done it a couple of times due to my errors and it is a PITA! Plus if not backed up or stored "off-line" trying to find where you stored that data (more so for keg data) would be very painful!
Mike

Hey all,

My system is working perfectly on version 2.0 and has been since day 1 (except for when i installed a flow meter backwards, but that's operator error). Anyway, I want to upgrade to the latest so my kegs show correctly. Is there a way to do this without doing a fresh install, or perhaps a way to backup the taps, kegs and beer recipes to reinstall after a fresh upgrade? [...]

There is an upgrade procedure that involves installing phpMyAdmin to dump the kegs and recipes database tables before updating the 'Pints code and then reloading those tables to the new database after the installation is nearly complete.

I used that procedure to go from 1.0.3 to v2.0, and didn't lose either table data. Once the pours code and flow monitor scripts were sorted out with the v2.0.1 files, everything just worked...

Cheers!

There is an upgrade procedure that involves installing phpMyAdmin to dump the kegs and recipes database tables before updating the 'Pints code and then reloading those tables to the new database after the installation is nearly complete.

I used that procedure to go from 1.0.3 to v2.0, and didn't lose either table data. Once the pours code and flow monitor scripts were sorted out with the v2.0.1 files, everything just worked...

Cheers!

I'm an idiot. I have those instructions printed out in my rpints binder and totally forgot about them. Thank you!

Cheers!

Outstanding, and AGAIN thanks for all of your time and support to those of us needed help day_trippr! :ban::mug::tank:

Is there a handy way to tell what version your running? I dug through the source and didn't see anything.

Note: I just cloned from the master branch of the github repo. I am running it on a remote server and displaying on tablet.

OK I am stuck and cannot finish the install on step 9 as I can get no displays up. The CLI startup screen lists fine (oriented 90 rotated CCW) but when it goes to desktop mode (standard select item) I get a blank screen, with a mouse pointer active. One correction is that I do have a mouse that I can move all over the screen and I have tried clicking in several spots with no joy. Form my laptop I can log into the normal screen at: http://192.168.1.81/index.php and the admin log in at: http://192.168.1.81/admin/index.php and all works from there. I have all my flow meter hardware installed and would like to activate it but cannot get the dedicated display to show either screen (no control), F11 or alt F4 do nothing. I did turn on overscan on the monitor menu, could this cause? I am hoping it is something simple and hope that I can correct with my SSH connection from my laptop. Any pointers to help me correct this problem so I can finish my install would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Mike

OK I am stuck and cannot finish the install on step 9 as I can get no displays up. The CLI startup screen lists fine (oriented 90 rotated CCW) but when it goes to desktop mode (standard select item) I get a blank screen, with a mouse pointer active. One correction is that I do have a mouse that I can move all over the screen and I have tried clicking in several spots with no joy. Form my laptop I can log into the normal screen at: http://192.168.1.81/index.php and the admin log in at: http://192.168.1.81/admin/index.php and all works from there. I have all my flow meter hardware installed and would like to activate it but cannot get the dedicated display to show either screen (no control), F11 or alt F4 do nothing. I did turn on overscan on the monitor menu, could this cause? I am hoping it is something simple and hope that I can correct with my SSH connection from my laptop. Any pointers to help me correct this problem so I can finish my install would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Mike

Try Alt F11. That should minimize the window.

Is there a handy way to tell what version your running? I dug through the source and didn't see anything.

Note: I just cloned from the master branch of the github repo. I am running it on a remote server and displaying on tablet.

answered my own question. It was v1. Pulled the v2 branch and wiped the db. Upgrade was not worth it.

This upgrade was primarily for flow meters. If you don't use those, I can understand why you feel that way. The meters are awesome :)

I'm guessing the "upgrade wasn't worth it" actually was referring to installing 1.0.3 and then upgrading to v2.0.1, versus what I think he did: wipe the old installation clean and just go straight to the new version...

Cheers!

OK I started over again, not sure what I did wrong, and got all loaded but at the section for updating the RaspberryPints.ino file I got that done and saved. However the serial port item in tools is ghosted so I cannot check or select a port for compile/load. I am not sure what to try next to enable my flow meters.
Thank you in advance.
Mike

Back