Verminators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched Verminators at Discovery HD... got a question. Which one of you was forceable removed from their apartment in Southern California? That apartment was insanely infested with just about everything you don't want in your house. From the second they opened the front door, I turned to my wife and said - this dude's a homebrewer. Sure enough, he had beer bottles everywhere... fermenters sitting in the muck, a turkey fryer and boil kettle setup right in the middle of his living room. It was a quality setup.

Seriously, I'm sure they'll replay it. It's worth watching just to see how freaking insanely grotesque his apartment was - so there is no telling what his brewing sanitation consisted of...

Haha... that was a great episode. What was up with the bee's on the deck too? That's just bad luck (roaches, bedbugs, black widows, maggots, mold, bees...) I recommend not watching it right before bed though. I had the weirdest dreams last night.

Haha... that was a great episode. What was up with the bee's on the deck too? That's just bad luck (roaches, bedbugs, black widows, maggots, mold, bees...) I recommend not watching it right before bed though. I had the weirdest dreams last night.

Yeah, my wife said she dreamed of creepy crawlies all night! heh

I will give them props for using the correct methods for their work, but man! They have got to stop trying to be actors and just do their jobs like the pros we really are. My guys and I watched a couple episodes and just groaned at the terrible cheese-factor.
Much better then the Dirty-Jobs episodes with their pest control guy down south. If we did half the things that guy tried here in Ca. they would take my license so fast my head would spin.
:mug:

Was it Landhoney? He's always trying weird fermentations; maybe he's trying to make his own Belgian-style open fermentation chambers.

I will give them props for using the correct methods for their work, but man! They have got to stop trying to be actors and just do their jobs like the pros we really are. My guys and I watched a couple episodes and just groaned at the terrible cheese-factor.
Much better then the Dirty-Jobs episodes with their pest control guy down south. If we did half the things that guy tried here in Ca. they would take my license so fast my head would spin.
:mug:
I agree on the acting, pretty lame... and that pep rally he gave to his team in the beginning - funny stuff.

I'm trying to find the segment of the homebrew's guys appt online. It just has to be seen to be believed!

Just watched Verminators at Discovery HD... got a question. Which one of you was forceable removed from their apartment in Southern California? That apartment was insanely infested with just about everything you don't want in your house. From the second they opened the front door, I turned to my wife and said - this dude's a homebrewer. Sure enough, he had beer bottles everywhere... fermenters sitting in the muck, a turkey fryer and boil kettle setup right in the middle of his living room. It was a quality setup.

Seriously, I'm sure they'll replay it. It's worth watching just to see how freaking insanely grotesque his apartment was - so there is no telling what his brewing sanitation consisted of...

Just watched this and wow.....ya the dudes a brewer alright. Nothing much in the house but cupboards full of beer and equipment everywhere. Pretty sick conditions...

Then that exterminator dude opened his bucket and thought that the fermenting beer was some sort of infectious disease.....heh Ive seen that look on others faces though.

Wow - I just saw that episode tongiht - that is messed up. I cannot imagine entering into a swap with that guy. Hmmm....

ewwww

Back