Vanilla Baltic Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacGruber

Reaction score
HEy everyone,
I made a Baltic Porter this past weekend and I plan to add Trader Joe's Bourbon Vanilla extract when I keg it. I was wondering how much to add. I'm thinking 3 tablespoons. I recently made an imperial pumpkin and added 2 tablespoons, which was perfect because it didn't stand out over anything else. This Baltic Porter is much stronger and hoppier. How much would you add? I want a pronounced yet balanced vanilla flavor. Thanks!

It's in a keg, don't need to do it all at one time.

If you think 3Tbl is good, add one and a half first and try a pint. That's the beauty of kegs, friend.

Thanks. I ended up going with three table spoons. This stuff almost tastes like chocolate cake. I'm very happy as is the wife!

I'll post the recipe tomorrow. I kind of just made it up by plugging what I thought would go well into my iBrew app. The nice thing is, the app gives you the guidelines for each style. My bitterness calculation in the app said it was too high, but it's just right. I'm in love with this brew. Fantastic.

Back