Vacuum Sealer & Bags?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However since it's active again, I will repeat my suggestion of the much cheaper alternative Rival Seal-A-Meal which is about half the cost of the cheapest FoodSaver, does exactly the same job, and also takes all the same FoodSaver attachments.

That's very cool. Alternatively, do the Rival accessories fit the foodsaver equipment, to your knowledge?

That's very cool. Alternatively, do the Rival accessories fit the foodsaver equipment, to your knowledge?

I would have to think they do, but I'm not 100% sure. The way the attachments work is by using a little hose that goes from a port on the vacuum sealer to the attachment, which transfers the vacuum. So, MAYBE the end of the hose that attaches to the Foodsaver is different from the one on the Rival, but on the Rival that hose is the same on either end. That's the only place where there might be a difference. I haven't seen a FoodSaver hose up close, so I don't know if it's exactly the same or not.

So my guess is that the actual attachments should work fine, but you may need the original hose for your device if that turns out to be a different size (or shape) port.

Back