Vacation & Moving Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolus14

Reaction score
Looking for a recipe or two to celebrate selling our house and moving into a new one. The brews need to be able to turn around in a couple months as we'll consume them the week of Aug 20 -27th while on vacation in the Outer Banks.

I was thinking of a cherry tripel or saison, maybe use sour or tart cherry juice, not sure which would be better. I have a good amount of WLP 545 in the fridge that is only a few months old so it should go through something like this easily without having to build up a starter. Then also do an IPA/DIPA that leans more toward east coast style, less biting bitter/pine more smooth bitterness and juicy, would prefer in the orange/lemon direction not grapefruit. Maybe something with Sorachi, Merdian, El Dorado for flavor aroma and something clean for bittering like Magnum.

Yes these will be strong ABV in what will likely be hot weather, but i tend to alternate drinking a beer then water, another beer, more water to keep from getting hit too hard, stay hydrated, and keeps the bloat feeling in check.

Any thoughts on recipes?

Back