Using N2 / Stout Faucet To Dispense Other Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantLee63

Reaction score
I have a 4 tap kegerator which includes a dedicated stout faucet with N2 (well, actually beer gas) dispensing. Since getting this thing together about a year ago, the only beers I've dispensed through my stout faucet have been, well, stouts! With that being said, I'm curious if others have used a similar set-up to dispense beers other than stouts with. I'm thinking a cream-ale would be pretty tasty with a thick creamy head on it, and being that I already have the grain bill, perhaps I'll give that style a try!

Anybody?

- GL63

WOW !!! .... I thought I would have received THOUSANDS of replies ..... nobody has ever dispensed any other beers besides stouts with N2?

Fer Chizzle !!! :cross:

If you take the restrictor plate out of the stout faucet, you can serve (but not force carb) any beer normally.

Anything with some body is game, CCA or Boddingtons type, Smithwicks, etc.

I think it would be fine. I have had Boddingtons on nitro tap before and it was pretty good. Any beer you would consider "creamy" or that would benefit from being a little bit "creamier" would probobly be great in it.

I pour some of my bitters on nitro if they didn't have a lot of finishing hops. Beer with a lot of hop nose and/or flavor doesn't seem quite "right" off of a nitro tap; the mouthfeel just doesn't agree with the flavor/aroma.

A bitter that is late hopped sparingly however can benefit from nitro. It gives it a nice creamy feel.

Alright then ..... I'm going to put my Cream Ale on N2 - it should finish around 12-15 IBU, so it definitely will not be overly hopped.

Thanks for the suggestions folks. :rockin:

- GL63

Latest posts

Back