Using induction in two vessel mash system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjmac5071

Reaction score
I am thinking of trading in my 10 gallon igloo beverage cooler for a SS mesh basket for brew in a basket. I try to brew 10 gallons most frequently, I would keep the cooler for full mash 5 gallon My thought is I will keep my existing 15 gallon kettle add a pump, 8 gallon induction ready pot, 1,800 watt induction kettle. My goal is to reduce the number of steps I am physically involved in. I have a tendency to try to brew and deal with the two little ones which causes headaches. So my main goal is to go to full volume mashing.

Couple questions-

Anybody have any idea on how to properly measure temperature? I was thinking on the way out of the heating kettle on the induction so I do no over heat ever. Maybe set 1 or 2 degrees above target based on how the system performs.

Anybody see any problems wifh this set up? I am trying induction rather than element to keep one less thing to clean.

Latest posts

Back