Using German faucet with American keg etc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakit24

Reaction score
So I am about to buy a German faucet on ebay.de for my keezer I am building, but my concern is making the metric faucet fit with all my US standard keg equipment. Mainly how am I going to connect a hose from the keg to the faucet? The faucet does come with a shank, but it's a metric shank. I don't think any of the barbs at HomeDepot will fit the shank.
This is my first time dealing with faucets, shanks, and kegs so is there some other way I can go about connecting the keg to my faucet/shank.

Thanks

You are correct - the European shanks are a different size and our beer fittings won't fit.

Does the shank come with a barb fitting? If not then see of the seller has a barb fitting & nut for sale.

Yea I tried seeing about the barb fitting too, but they don't sell any.
Re-threading the thing seems too drastic and it is probably too thin for that.

The European beer shanks are smaller than ours and re-threading won't work. If you can't find barb fittings & nuts then you should not buy them.

Back