Using Co2 from fermenting bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scogan

Reaction score
Thought I might try to use co2 from fermenting bucket to push starsan out of keg but no success.Plan b , see if I could just push air out ,so in effect I have put a corny in my airlock line.
Still no result.I know the buckets wont allow much pressure build up but they do generate some.I wonder if my gas disconnect which has an integral check valve is the issue.I will just purge in the normal way !

Attachments

• brewing..jpg
    brewing..jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Also, if you are hoping for pure CO2 in the keg, keep in mind that some O2 may come in through the lines and various other bits.

Still a good idea and one worth pursuing.

Also, if you are hoping for pure CO2 in the keg, keep in mind that some O2 may come in through the lines and various other bits.

Still a good idea and one worth pursuing.
yes I will get a disconnect without a check valve for my next ferment

yes I will get a disconnect without a check valve for my next ferment
I'm thinking more like - pay attention to the tubing material itself. If it's known to let O2 through, then you will get some in the keg as well. I don't mean to say your beer will be ruined or anything like that, just that it's a thing, and if allowed to sit long enough (this setup or the beer afterwards) could be a thing you notice.

Some if not many bucket lids just aren't going to seal well to let you get a good head of pressure to push anything.

You might just try letting the CO2 gas inflate a big bag then let the gas be pulled into the keg or other vessel as you drain it.

Back