Using a Public Sauna

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SundayBeers

Reaction score
Now that the gyms and saunas are open again I've been making the most of it. It's been a long time coming.

Overall, it is just great to be able to get back out and get some gym work in. One thing however is bothering me. People seem to have forgotten how to use a public sauna. Surely there are some basic rules for sharing such an intimate space with others.

Most people are fine. But there's a significant group of people who seem to think they're at home and can treat the place like they want.

Showering before entering is a must for me. Especially when you're coming in after a workout. And, leaves your phone in the locker room. No one wants people using phones and flicking through instagram or facebook when they're trying to switch off and relax for 5-10 minutes.

Please people, we need some basic manners when sharing a sauna.

wow I was expecting this to be a thread about a fun new way to brew with kveik yeast :bigmug:

Funny you should say that. Some people through beer on the coals to fill the cabin with steam. It gives off a lovely freshly baked bread type scent. Others would say it's a waste of good beer

:)

As for basic rules for sharing a sauna, dressing appropriately and using a towel seem to be top of the list... Proper Sauna Etiquette - Using Public Sauna Tips - Home Sauna Heaven

I never even thought sbout dressing appropriately. Luckily I haven't had any naked sweaty strangers plonk themsleves down beside me yet. Don't think naturism is very popular in this part of the world! Thankfully.

Funny you should say that. Some people through beer on the coals to fill the cabin with steam. It gives off a lovely freshly baked bread type scent. Others would say it's a waste of good beer

:)

As for basic rules for sharing a sauna, dressing appropriately and using a towel seem to be top of the list... Proper Sauna Etiquette - Using Public Sauna Tips - Home Sauna Heaven

I never even thought sbout dressing appropriately. Luckily I haven't had any naked sweaty strangers plonk themsleves down beside me yet. Don't think naturism is very popular in this part of the world! Thankfully.

"Gymnasium" literally means to exercise naked (from greek or latin). Let your freak flag fly!

agreed, If you take a mobile phone into finnish sauna, it'll probally explode due to overheating within 5 minutes....

in public sauna, you are not supposed to wear anything except for a towel if you really have to(it is seen as weird, but acceptable especially with tourists) bathing suits and such are not allowed due to them containing chemicals or other dirt.

Back