Useless Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigeb

Reaction score
It just dawned on me that most of the bottles I've been saving are screw top!

Now I have to go and buy and drink a bunch of non-screw top commercial beer. I guess a beer drink's gotta do what a beer drinker's got to do.

HUZZAH for a family worth of prissy beer drinkers I have 6 cases of 500ml peel offs and about 40 500ml swing tops.... victory is mine

I have no issues with screw tops, I have about 5 dozen in rotation, the seal fine.
I am slowly building a collection of swing tops as well.
Sorry twist tops, not screw tops, I assume that is what you have.

Just be careful with some of the non-screw top beer bottles also. I have found that some of them can't be re-capped.

Now I have to go and buy and drink a bunch of non-screw top commercial beer. I guess a beer drink's gotta do what a beer drinker's got to do.

head to the depot or package store or w/e they call it where you live. Buy a case of returnables already empty for $1.20 (the deposit amount) then take 'em home and wash 'em out.
Will save you a nasty night of BMC

In Mich. I can buy all the returnables I want for a dime apiece. And some places let me pick and choose from their room of returns. And the bar downtown will save Guinness, or any other bottle I want, for free.

Back