Use a Corny at an angle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgoldb1

Reaction score
I have a GE Monogram wine reserve that I have been using as a fermentation chamber. I have 10 gallons ready and would like to keg them but the cornys won't fit in the fridge with the ball lock connectors. Would there be an issue with tilting the keg so that it could fit into the fridge. I'm guessing the tricky part would be determining where the dip tube is in relation to the sediment and as the fluid level decreases.

I would imagine that the dip tube would be out of the sediment because most of them are in the middle of the keg. I personally don't see a problem with this, I guess just make sure it doesn't rock around. Brew on!

yeah, if the gas line is getting beer in it, that'd be a problem, otherwise, i would try it because I've done it. Enjoy, and next time, measure twice, buy once!!!

That's going to make it difficult, if the gas line is above the fluid line, that means that the dip tube would most likely be in the sediment.

That's going to make it difficult, if the gas line is above the fluid line, that means that the dip tube would most likely be in the sediment.

No it doesn't. The gas tube is on the side and the liquid tube angles to the center.

No it doesn't. The gas tube is on the side and the liquid tube angles to the center.

and the sediment will slide to the lowest point in the keg, which when tilted would actually be further away from the dip tube.

i only see a problem if you try to move it and make it perfectly vertical again (which still, would just require things to settle again).

underfill so the gas tube isn't submerged at all. a check valve would be wise too.

It should be fine as long as you keep the fluid out of the gas line as everyone has said. Ultimate fix get pin lock kegs and convert the fittings.

Back