Use a blow off tube they said....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage06

Reaction score
Well my Russian Imperial Stout and poor judgement won this round...

I call this piece hubris and Fermcap.

NXYQJs9.jpg

yuvbQ1f.jpg

This is how much beer I mopped out of the freezer

b5mfndj.jpg

Finally after an hour of post work Cleaning

MO3iQdU.jpg

This was my night, too. Let's just say I forgot what to expect from Wyeast 3068.

Think of the airlock as a one way valve. It lets CO2 out and doesnt let wild yeasts, bacteria, fruit flies, and housecats in.

OP. That is a sad loss of a delicious looking beer. May 'Hubris and Fermcap' turn out amazing and the missing bottle or two worth be considered the awsh*t share.

Think of the airlock as a one way valve. It lets CO2 out and doesnt let wild yeasts, bacteria, fruit flies, and housecats in.

OP. That is a sad loss of a delicious looking beer. May 'Hubris and Fermcap' turn out amazing and the missing bottle or two worth be considered the awsh*t share.

Haha, thank you sir...as usual the beer is fine and chugging along and no longer vomiting all over my Freezer.

Looking forward to tossing some coldbrew coffee and into the bourbon cask she goes.

a lot of wine brewers do not use an airlock in the beginning stages of fermentation... i never did, just spritzed some starsan on an old pillowcase over the bucket for the first few days.

I cannot recall why, i think it had to deal with wine yeast needing for oxygen transfer. However, most kits now a days say to put it all in a bucket with an airlock.

I just went through the same thing with my RIS. I used a large jar for the overflow and fortunately checked it often. I had to empty it twice

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back