Urgent Growler Question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattxShinn

Reaction score
Okay, so my local craft beer store just tweeted that they have tapped Arrogant Bastard... But I have come to an agreement with SWMBO that I will only drink on weekends... So does anyone know if a growler will hold carbonation from tap for 4-5 days?

Maaaaaaybe but that's pushing it. I usually give my growlers no more than 48 hours... but then again if I'm buying a growler of something it's probably too delicious to even last that long.

I'm pretty sure most growlers will say to enjoy the beer within 48 hours, as well.

Do you think that keg will float before the weekend?

Depends a little on the cap, but I would say absolutely yes. Especially if you have a cap with a plastic or rubber gasket. The white caps with the sort-of cardboard gasket, those wear.

I have some jugs that I cut a new circle of rubber gasket material and fit it into the caps. They seal great now.

Okay, so my local craft beer store just tweeted that they have tapped Arrogant Bastard... But I have come to an agreement with SWMBO that I will only drink on weekends... So does anyone know if a growler will hold carbonation from tap for 4-5 days?

Can't you just tell her (notice I said tell, not ask) that it's a special deal and you're going to have a growler of that beer today.... because you want it.

I can't imagine I'd stay with a man for very long if he tried to boss me around over when I could drink or made me feel guilty for enjoying a beer when I wanted one.

Unless of course you're a falling down drunk, 7 days a week.... then I could see her point :D

Back