Upstream Octoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summersolstice

Reaction score
I was in Omaha yesterday and I visited Upstream Brewing Company. They're current cask conditioned ale is an IPA and I didn't feel like something hoppy at the time so I decided to try their current seasonal offering - an Octoberfest. I recently tried a growler of Spaten Octoberfest and, while I thought it was ok, it didn't really excite me that much. I was hoping for something a little maltier. I found what I was looking for in Upstream's version. I thought it was levels above the Spaten that I'd tried and, best of all, I was able to be there during happy hour - from 3-6, when all their pints are just $2!

I live in Omaha and we visit the Upstream on a regular basis. As you mentioned, the prices are great so you can normally fine us there during the happy hours. For the best cost to alcohol ratio I tend to stay with the Dundee Scotch Ale or the India Pale Ale due to their high alcohol content. But once 6 rolls around we head out for a less classy establishment where we can find cheaper beer.

Did you get their recipe? I'm not sure whether they share but it's worth asking. I've been meaning to talk to the brewer but I'm usually there during the weekend when no one is in the brewery. Scoring recipes and/or yeast would be very cool.

Back