Upgrading to Kegging beer and Cold Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Umginger

Reaction score
I have been brewing my own beer and cold brew coffee for over a year now and want to build a keezer out of a 5 cubic foot freezer to start with. I am just confused on if 5 cubic foot is enough for two gas tanks and 2 kegs and can't find a good enough answer on what all I need in my 8 weeks of searching so I have decided to post.

I have been brewing my own beer and cold brew coffee for over a year now and want to build a keezer out of a 5 cubic foot freezer to start with. I am just confused on if 5 cubic foot is enough for two gas tanks and 2 kegs and can't find a good enough answer on what all I need in my 8 weeks of searching so I have decided to post.

If you mean on the inside of the chest freezer then, no you wont have room for all that. If you build a collar and keep the gas tanks on the outside you might be able to fit 3 5 gallon kegs in there.

EDIT: Check this out Sizing your Chest Freezer for Corny Kegs

Back