Massachusetts Up to date CO2 refill and hydrotesting in Boston metrowest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyqik

Reaction score
With the demises of Modern Homebrew Emporium and Strange Brew, where are the best options for getting CO2 refilled and an expired tank exchanged or hydrotested in Metrowest?

I can go to Igo's for refills on my way to work (although I usually take the train), but I don't know if they exchange or test expired tanks.

Whatever outfit you choose, it's always wise to call them up and ask, and get pricing and a time schedule on your options.

For example, the only local outfit here that does hydro testing on the premises (a fairly large fire protection company) needs about a week lead time, or if you're lucky they have a hydro testing session scheduled the next day. The tanks still need time to dry, so add another day, or 2.

There's a fire extinguisher place in Marlboro that does tank fills.
marlborofireextinguisher.com - Home
Thanks, I'd vaguely heard of them but couldn't find the information via Google searches.

The good news is that my tank was last tested in 2/21, and the tank I was was given for free recently has a test date of 4/20 (nice), so I don't have to think about hydrotesting for a while!

fwiw, I've gotten a couple of fills at Marlboro Fire Extinguisher. It is best to call in advance to make sure there's going to be a tech there upon arrival, otherwise you'll have to leave the tank and return later.

Also, they do not do hydro tests themselves, but instead farm that out, so it can take a week or two...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back