Unified water report sticky?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el_loco

Reaction score
Been thinking about water chemistry and attempting to educate myself in order to improve my beers (isn't that what we're all about?) I am planning on having my water analyzed and then I thought, wouldn't it be great if everyone on HBT.com who took the time and trouble of getting a water analysis could post there approximate locale and post the results? There seem to be plenty of folks who have had Ward Labs do their analysis, would it be helpful if some guy five miles from your house who's using the same water source you are posted his results and saved you the trouble?

Any reason why we wouldn't do this?

Probably because you aren't the first with the idea and nobody else has had much success in keeping it going. A lot of that data is here amongst many threads. A nice project for someone who has the energy. Our water has almost nothing in it.

sounds like folks in the PNW can often treat their brewing water as if it were RO straight from tap and have success. Is it really THAT soft? Guess thats why whenever I travel the water tastes like garbage!

Back