Uneven keg serving issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a two ball lock keg setup with one regulator and a tee to divide the same pressure between the two kegs. Both are picnic taps on ~5 feet of same diameter tubing. The whole thing including CO2 bottle are inside a refrigerator so everything should be equal temp. The regulator is set at 12 psi so both kegs should be exactly the same.

Here's my problem.....one keg pours perfectly while the other pours really fast and foamy. This has been ongoing over several batches so the beer doesn't seem to be a factor. Any ideas why two kegs would pour so differently in the same setup?

Couple thoughts:

1. Have the 2 kegs always been at the same pressure? That is did you set-and-forget them both, or did you burst carb them? If the latter the foamy keg could be overcarbonated.

2. Pull off the beer-side post(depressurize first!) and check to make sure everything is clean and not obstructed. Same thing with the quick connect, take it apart and make sure it doesn't have any gunk in it.

3. Replace the beer post o-ring and make sure you use keg lube to make sure you aren't entraining air in there.

I have a two ball lock keg setup with one regulator and a tee to divide the same pressure between the two kegs. Both are picnic taps on ~5 feet of same diameter tubing. The whole thing including CO2 bottle are inside a refrigerator so everything should be equal temp. The regulator is set at 12 psi so both kegs should be exactly the same.

Here's my problem.....one keg pours perfectly while the other pours really fast and foamy. This has been ongoing over several batches so the beer doesn't seem to be a factor. Any ideas why two kegs would pour so differently in the same setup?

Try switching keg sides see if you have a keg post that needs a new seal

I use the set n forget so both are the same. I hadn't thought that the slower pouring keg would be clogged I always just assumed that since it poured all was well. I will tear down and have a look. Thanks for the ideas!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Home Brew mobile app

Five feet of (3/16" guess) beer line at 12psi on cobra taps seems a little short unless you're at very low temperatures that reach all the way to the taps. I'm guessing an obstruction in the perfect keg.

I get away with 6' of 3/16" at 12psi only by using an epoxy stirrer in each dip tube.

Back