under carbed bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmadness

Reaction score
I have a brown ale that has been in bottles for 6 weeks or so. after 3 weeks or so they have been in my basement at roughly 55-60 degrees. Some I have had in the fridge for a few weeks and they just seem kinda flat. I brought the remaining upstairs and inverted the bottles and shook a little hoping to stir the yeast up. will letting them warm up a little help them to carb more?

55-60 is too cold. 3 weeks at 70 degrees is the baseline. If you drop too much, the yeast will go dormant and will take forever to carb.

Get them somewhere warmer, and they'll likely do just fine.

I moved them upstairs, but even that we only keep at 68 right now. That being said, I will just leave them for awhile before I even attempt the fridge again. If only mother nature would follow the calendar! 25 degrees outside right now in the end of March just isn't cool!! What happened to spring!

Try to find a warm spot. If you have space up there, you can box them up and set them on top of your fridge.

That's a good idea. My wife has so much S*#t piled up there though there is no room for anything else. I have them on the top shelf in the closet....I figure heat rises right!?

Back