Unbelievable fermentation disaster!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very good story...and a perfect time that i came across it LOL...as i was getting toward the end of page four i was thinking to myself "damnit now I have to wait to hear what happens" only to find the good news on the very last post

Cheers :mug:

I have a huge 60 Liter Rubbermaid thingy I put my carboys in (for the brews that dont go in the fermentation fridge). This does two things, prevents anything from leaking on the floor and allows me to put water/ice in the bottom to employ the tshirt/wicking method.

As for your brew... hope it turned out well. *reads ahead to see*

Good deal! It's really pretty hard to screw up beer :mug:

+1 on that, especially if it's not quite done fermenting. Those active yeast will still consume up a good bunch of oxygen.

As for the taste of oxidation. Take a piece of old cardboard and shred it up. Put the pieces in a glass and put just enough warm water in to cover. Give it a few minutes to soak up the water then stick your nose in there and give it a good smell. Oxidation is supposed to taste like that smells.

Latest posts

Back