Unable to install devices on BrewPi Remix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlrdlrdlr

Reaction score
I'm using brewpi remix on an arduino uno installed with this fix due to git problems and have been unable to add a device. I have 2 temp probes on pin a4 and pins 5 and 6 going into a relay for a total of 4 devices. Oddly 6 are detected by the interface. The 4 expected ones as well as a digital pin on 2 and a5.

When I attempt to set the slot and function of any of these the settings I selected disappear after I hit apply. I have restarted the Pi, uninstalled and reinstalled BrewPi but have been unable to get devices to correctly show up. The Temps seem accurate so there is some communication there but I can't install them.

Device list updated for uno with a revC shield. Device config command sent, U:{"i":3,"c":1,"b":0,"f":2,"h":1,"p":2,"x":1} No installed devices found. Parsing available devices: Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":2,"d":0,"p":18,"v":67.211,"a":"284A8481E3193C46","j":0,"nr":0} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":2,"d":0,"p":18,"v":66.424,"a":"28492681E3473C04","j":0,"nr":1} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":1,"d":0,"p":2,"x":1,"nr":2} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":1,"d":0,"p":5,"x":1,"nr":3} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":1,"d":0,"p":6,"x":1,"nr":4} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":1,"d":0,"p":19,"x":1,"nr":5} Device list updated for uno with a revC shield. Device config command sent, U:{"i":4,"c":1,"b":0,"f":2,"h":1,"p":19,"x":1} No installed devices found. Parsing available devices: Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":2,"d":0,"p":18,"v":66.986,"a":"284A8481E3193C46","j":0,"nr":0} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":2,"d":0,"p":18,"v":66.313,"a":"28492681E3473C04","j":0,"nr":1} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":1,"d":0,"p":2,"x":1,"nr":2} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":1,"d":0,"p":5,"x":1,"nr":3} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":1,"d":0,"p":6,"x":1,"nr":4} Parsing device: {"i":-1,"t":0,"c":1,"b":0,"f":0,"h":1,"d":0,"p":19,"x":1,"nr":5} Device list updated for uno with a revC shield.

BPR can do that just by clicking the button here...

1677351182493.png

Cheers!

@dlrdlrdlr
Why are you not on the BrewPI Remix Thread? - BrewPi Remix – What’s Old is New Again
I am having a similar problem assigning probes. I see two different 1-wire addresses and two different temperatures (one I am sitting on to keep warmer), but when I "Apply", both temps revert to one probe reading or the other.....? I have not had time to dig into this problem yet, but let me know if you get this setup working, or run into any "Apply" issues.
First, I must figure out why my only "working" RPiR, looses the Script several times a day. Never did either one of these, a month ago, when I was running BrewPi Lagacy for over 2 years successfully. BrewPi is a game-changer, in your quality of beer, once it is up and working!

Oddly 6 are detected by the interface. The 4 expected ones as well as a digital pin on 2 and a5.
This has always been the case. If you have 2 temp probes, you will have to assign 4 of the "Detected" devices. 2 will be your 1-wire temperature probes, and the the other 2 will be Beer and Chamber. Leave the 5th and 6th unassigned.
Maybe someone smarter than me, can tell us why there are more detected devices and pins, that do not need assigned, like @day_trippr

The only devices that are literally "detected" are the One-Wire sensors, the rest of the "devices" listed are hard-wired placeholders that the user can choose to assign or not. For example my keezer doesn't have a heater so I don't assign that device, nor does it have a door switch or a light or a fan (I do have a fan but it runs 24/7), so I only assign the temperature sensors and the Cool function. My ferm fridges have heaters so I also assign the heater function on those but they don't use either light or fan functions...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back