ulcers are flaring up!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheyco said:
For a while you'll be doing work around your new house and it will be fun and exciting because it's your new house and you'll have a HB to celebrate doing work. After a while it will become work and you will have a HB to celebrate finishing the work. After even more time passes, you will pay someone else to do the work and have a HB to celebrate the fact that you aren't doing the work! :)

Heh heh heh - ain't that the truth! When we moved into our house it was friggin' filthy. The last owner were going through a divorce and near foreclosure at the same time so they kinda had to get out in a hurry. Then it sat vacant in a slow real estate market (semi-rural town) for 9 months. When we closed we had to clean for two or three days straight (with my parents helping) before we even wanted our stuff to touch the floor. It's a very nice house, but there was a lot of dust & grime on everything and a couple pickup loads of junk (old typewriters, beat up desks, couches, etc) that had to be cleaned up. By the time all that was done, I had little appetite for the already lengthy honey-do list.

AHU

Good luck with it all. I'm in the process of buying a new house and it's been slow. We've bid on three houses now and gotten nowhere with these sellers. People think their **** is worth gold here.

I thought I'd tag this onto the end of this thread as it is sort of related. I am (was!) in the process of remortgaging, and this is an extract from a letter I received from the lender's law firm:

"If it is in fact your intention to leave the subsequent loan outstanding, then you will need to apply to your new mortgage company for a revision of your mortgage offer to consent to the charge in favour of the subsequent mortgagee remaining outstanding, although as a second charge and apply to the subsequent mortgagee to postpone their charge in favour of your new mortgagee"

Now, it may be that I am being stupid here, but WTF!!!!!! Apart from being lawyer mumbo-jumbo, that has got to be some of the worst grammar I have ever come across! And these scum-suckers are supposed to be educated! :mad:

Of course, the gist of it is that they want to screw more money out of me! They could of just said:

"In order to process your remortgage application, we will need to carry out extra work which is gonna cost you...mwuhahahah!"

F$!£ing lawyers!

Well, found out today that we got the dump. :D Now I'm scared!

My wife has until the end of March to take possession of the place, so that gives us some time to get everything sorted out.

El Pistolero said:
Where at...Midwest City?

Yeah. We were originally planning to buy in Yukon, or Choctaw. More active markets there, and generally newer houses. But, we found a great school for son in MWC. Plus, it's really convenient to work (Tinker AFB), so we decided to just stay there. The area suits us both just fine.

the deal is done. I signed up for 30 years of debt this morning.

Now... only three more months before I can move in. :)

congrats the new house... I know the stressed feeling, I jsut bought my first house a little over a year ago.. it was exciting, but very stressful too... good luck and have fun at the new place...

Jester

Imperial Walker said:

CONGRATS! One hint tho, when packing, if you absolutely do not need it, get rid of it and don't move it... 2 years later, I'm STILL getting rid of crap....

(Mental note, party at Walker's house in three months.... :p )

:mug: Ize

Imperial Walker said:

Congrats! We just got moved into ours. Kinda spooky, but very nice, too. Now we just have to hope nothing expensive breaks.

Ize said:
CONGRATS! One hint tho, when packing, if you absolutely do not need it, get rid of it and don't move it... 2 years later, I'm STILL getting rid of crap....

I thinned out my possessions just 8 months ago when we moved from CA to NC. The only thing I have really acquired since moving here are beer bottles (which I have gathered to replace those that I abandoned in CA), so I think we'll be OK.

Ize said:
(Mental note, party at Walker's house in three months.... :p )

There will be several types of homebrew, and at least one type of homemade wine. :tank:

-walker

Latest posts

Back