Uh-oh... Plz help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakemo

Reaction score
I don't know what I can do to save this beer... I took today off cuz, hey, why not, and decided to brew a beer. I had some grains lying around and some hops in the freezer, and decided to see what I could come up with. I was adding a little extra Black Patent to the steep, and I accidentally the bag! I didn't want it to be nasty, so I put in a bunch more water and some extra Crystal 20L. I thought everything would be alright, it might just be very roasty.

Then i was adding in hops for the boil, but wanted to wait until later in the boil since I'm sure it'll have plenty of bitterness from the black patent. So at 20 minutes, I added a little Simcoe, but my hand slipped and I accidentally again! Now I don't know what to do!!! PLZ HALP!

I don't know what I can do to save this beer... I took today off cuz, hey, why not, and decided to brew a beer. I had some grains lying around and some hops in the freezer, and decided to see what I could come up with. I was adding a little extra Black Patent to the steep, and I accidentally the bag! I didn't want it to be nasty, so I put in a bunch more water and some extra Crystal 20L. I thought everything would be alright, it might just be very roasty.

Then i was adding in hops for the boil, but wanted to wait until later in the boil since I'm sure it'll have plenty of bitterness from the black patent. So at 20 minutes, I added a little Simcoe, but my hand slipped and I accidentally again! Now I don't know what to do!!! PLZ HALP!

Sit down and sober up first! :rockin:

an hero

We're going to need to see your recipe and description of your technique if you want useful advice.

j/k. The beer is definitely ruined. I accidentallied once and the beer was still bad after 6 months of aging.

I've accidentally the whole effin thing before, it was a hell of a mess. Next time, i'll just accidentally the snickerdoodle, that will probably resolve the issue

tumblr_l96b01l36p1qdhmifo1_500.jpg

Y U QUOTE MY SIG?

ok so i have an issue kinda related to this: i was getting ready to transfer an APA to secondary to dry hop and use the existing yeast cake to ferment a blonde.

So i start my process to brew the blonde and i open up the primary's top and to my dismay, there was still krausen that had not dropped and I don't think my APA was completely fermented out. Unfortunately, it was too late as I already had the blonde boiling and i didn't have an option but to keep going through.

So as I transfer to secondary, i take a little extra yeast on purpose so that maybe it can ferment out a bit more in the secondary. In the mean time, the blonde is almost ready to chill and put onto the yeast cake.

Time goes by and everything is ready to go. Blonde is chilled, yeast cake is ready to be worted up, so I open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

ok so i have an issue kinda related to this: i was getting ready to transfer an APA to secondary to dry hop and use the existing yeast cake to ferment a blonde.

So i start my process to brew the blonde and i open up the primary's top and to my dismay, there was still krausen that had not dropped and I don't think my APA was completely fermented out. Unfortunately, it was too late as I already had the blonde boiling and i didn't have an option but to keep going through.

So as I transfer to secondary, i take a little extra yeast on purpose so that maybe it can ferment out a bit more in the secondary. In the mean time, the blonde is almost ready to chill and put onto the yeast cake.

Time goes by and everything is ready to go. Blonde is chilled, yeast cake is ready to be worted up, so I open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

OMG!!!! Hillarious!!!! :D

Back