Two year old Hard Cider (High Pressure)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPBISME

Reaction score
I have a Corny Keg with about 5 gallons of cider that is two years old.

I was making Hard Cider from Aldi’s good cider for a while and it was coming out extremely TART. so when ever I was taking the keg to a party I would back sweeten it with some more unfermented cider.

Well, I forgot about the keg and this past Summer I found it.

Only god knows what the pressure is but when tapped it shot across the room and the tubing leaked at both ends and so did the Cobra Tap.

It tasted VERY tart with no off flavors then so I was considering putting it outside, let it get cold, pour some out and back sweeten it.

The question:

SAFE TO DRINK???

I would think with all that extra pressure and the alcohol it is good but just wanted to get someone else’s opinion.

Yep I would think it is safe to drink unless you think it got infected with something. (100% your call as obviously I cant be certain its OK) Sounds like its Just over carbonated to me. But if it tastes and smells good that usually is a good sign.

Back