Two Regs, but keg pressure differs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WCrane

Reaction score
Ok. I'll try to keep this short and sweet:

I have a two regulator setup. A high pressure right off the tank that feeds one keg and a second regulator. So i can run on high and one lower if needed.

Its set up as so Tank -> reg 1 -> Hose -> Tee fitting -> one to reg #2 AND One direct to keg.

Anywho...If I hook up the keg from the Reg directly off the tank the Keg pressure the gauge read about 5-7 psi higher than what I have the Reg set.

If I hook the keg up two the second reg the pressure in the keg is right where it needs to be within 1-2 psi.

I measure using a Gauge attached to about 18" of tubing connected to the gas side with a gas connection. I realize it measures the head space, but even when pouring the same beer from each respective "line" produces different pours.

I can also hear the difference if I purge and hook up each line. Especially if I go from the 2nd reg (low) to the High pressure. Same psi set, but gas flows on the #1 Reg (High).

So what gives?

Latest posts

Back