Two First's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew

Reaction score
Brewed yesterday and had two first's on the same day

Had my first boil over..........good news it was very minor...other good news is that SWAMBO was making something on another burner and thought she may have turned up my burner causing the boil over so she helped with the clean up...........very nice!

Other First........forgot to check the OG before pitching the yeast.......question, after the yeast is pitched can you check the OG or does the yeast mess things up... was also concerned that removing yeast may limit the fermentation......what does everyone else do when this happens?

Brewed yesterday and had two first's on the same day

Had my first boil over..........good news it was very minor...other good news is that SWAMBO was making something on another burner and thought she may have turned up my burner causing the boil over so she helped with the clean up...........very nice!

Other First........forgot to check the OG before pitching the yeast.......question, after the yeast is pitched can you check the OG or does the yeast mess things up... was also concerned that removing yeast may limit the fermentation......what does everyone else do when this happens?

you can check the OG with the yeast in, until the yeast start working it will make no difference....what do you mean by removing the yeast?

Back