Turkey stuffing bag for Biab?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmex41

Reaction score
So I picked up the grain for a 2 gallon dipa. Grain bill is 6lb 2oz. Usually I use a grain steeping bag from my LHBS, but then again I usually only do 1 gallon when I BIAB.
So I only picked up one steeping bag, and I think they're usually for a pound or two of specialty grain when doing extract with grain brewing, and I have little over 6lb.

I'm wondering if I could use both the steeping bag from my lhbs, and this turkey stuffing bag, or if anyone has any thoughts on this.

ForumRunner_20131011_120457.jpg

Really depends how fine the mesh is on that turkey bag, I would guess the mesh is pretty coarse. If it will contain your grain reasonably well during the mash, it should work fine.

I searched all over WalMart and Freddy's for paint strainer bags. This, and those jelly strainers were the closest thing I could find.

Brewmex41 said:
I searched all over WalMart and Freddy's for paint strainer bags. This, and those jelly strainers were the closest thing I could find.

I had to go to lowe's or Home Depot to find the paint strainer bags.

I grabbed a pack of them. Worked wonderfully! I had to do a little searching at HD, tho.
I used the turkey bag to strain the wort as it went into the fermenter thru a funnel. Grabbed a lot of gunk and break material.

Back