Turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukesbb37

Reaction score
Which model turkey fryer do you guys use... Theres a ton on amazon and at Home Depot, and im looking for the cheapest propane fryer kit that is still sturdy.

Having a pot included is a bonus. Mine is getting pretty rough. But either way i will be making a keggle soon.

Yes I also would like to k ow. Im doing 5 gallon batches and looking to upgrade our current one.( not sure what btu that one is).

So how many BTU's?

i will be making a keggle soon.

Unless you really want a turkey fryer to use as a turkey fryer, don't step yourself like that. Knowing you want a keggle soon, gear yourself towards that. Get a nice propane burner (not necessarily a turkey fryer) that you can add a keggle to later.

Here's what I use:

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/brinkmann-30-qt-turkey-fryer-815-4001-s.html#.UD6yptaPUv8

I've made award winning beer in it, and it's my only system at the moment. BIAB, if you care. With a thick mash and BIAB you can do up to 22lbs of grain in the included 7.5 (exactly) kettle that comes with it.

As I recall it was super cheap, but I agree that if you're making a keggle soon and stepping up to a more traditional AG setup, I'd skip it and wait until then. No need to spend an extra $50.

I just made a post (Before doing a search).. arggh. I was at HD tonight and saw THIS. 100K BTU's... No pot.. but, what the heck... 100K BTU's is awesome for this price IMO

I just made a post (Before doing a search).. arggh. I was at HD tonight and saw THIS. 100K BTU's... No pot.. but, what the heck... 100K BTU's is awesome for this price IMO

Literally every manufacturer is grossly overestimating the BTU their burner is putting out. Unless you want to measure their fuel use and effficiency, it's actually easier (for once) to work on professional/anecdotal reviews. I don't think Consumer Reports measures these things.

For the record, that looks exactly like MY Brinkmann turkey fryer which cost the same, comes with a pot, and is rated at a different number of BTU. The stand seems to be improved, but that's it. Like I said- I win awards with my crappy system.

Latest posts

Back