Turkey Fryer pot/stock pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HankyPanky

Reaction score
I finally got my brew kit and several other items for christmas today. My wife didn't purchase me a pot because she didnt know which one I wanted. Now I am online looking for a a turkey fryer or stock pot that's over 6.5 gal, I want to purchase a big pot now so I dont have to replace it when I decide to move to all grain. I am only running into aluminum pots turkey fryers is this normal? If anyone knows of any place that sells a good pot shoot me a link please. Perferably lowes,hdepot,sears etc..... So I can just go pick up but if not oh well.

I got my stainless pot at a kitchen supply store. I think it was meant for a crab pot originally. Love having a steamer basket inside.

Totally overlooked kitchen supply stores. We have a few around here I am going to stop in and see if I can get a good deal!

I bought a 9 gallon S/S at $69.88 w/ "free super save shipping" from amazon.com. Shipped from Bayou Classic. Pots originally made for boiling turkeys and crawfish. However, all the reviews are from fellow brewers and and when I got mine in the pot was very high quality. They, Bayou Classic, have many sizes available, so check them out.

image-4223571620.jpg

I went with the 36qt Bayou classic, nice and big! $70.00 included next day shipping.

Back